Terms and conditions
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details);
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website; and
- other uses.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
ookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- in Firefox (version 39) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- in Chrome (version 44), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- in Firefox (version 39), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- in Chrome (version 44), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
This website is owned and operated by Ringo's Taxis Limited.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 09474358, and our registered office is at 42 Pine Rise, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1EY.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 01993 779279.